Imperial Struggle tries to capture the whole span of the global 18th-century rivalry between Britain and France. From the beginning of the game, the stakes couldn't be higher: in the War of the Spanish Succession, France fights to become the world's first global superpower by uniting its peerless army with Spain's colonial wealth all the way to the end, where the British struggle to maintain control over the vast North American territories.
Key Selling Points
- Designed by the Twilight Struggle team of Ananda Gupta and Jason Matthews
- Two types of turns Peace and War with dramatically different play mechanics.
- Low Complexity.
- Quick playing.
- Imperial Struggle is a two-player game depicting the 18th-century rivalry between France and Britain. It begins in 1697, as the two realms wait warily for the King of Spain to name an heir, and ends in 1789, when a new order brought down the Bastille.
- The game is not merely about war: both France and Britain must build the foundations of colonial wealth, deal with the other nations of Europe, and compete for glory across the span of human endeavor.
- Imperial Struggle covers almost 100 years of history and four major wars. Yet it remains a low-complexity game, playable in a short evening.
- In war turns, each theatre can bring great rewards of conquest and prestige, but territorial gains can disappear at the treaty table.
- At the end of the century, will the British rule an empire on which the sun never sets? Or will France light the way for the world, as the superpower of the Sun King's dreams or the republic of Lafayette's?
|Length : 7.8 cm||Width : 23 cm|
|Height : 30.6 cm|
Free 365 Day Warranty
Shop & Pay in your currency
Now shipping to 40+ countries
Amazing Brands. All Gift Occasions.